25 February 2013

Sunny pictures for a rainy day

Smith St., Charleston, S.C.
We had one bright and sunny day on Sunday to give us a break and rain again today. If am so used to walking every day that my legs start to get itchy and twitchy if I don't go out marching. I took advantage on Sunday, parked on Smith St. and headed down the peninsula.

I couldn't take too long since my friend Andre' had picked up tickets to the matinee showing of Les Miserables at the Performing Arts Center. What a treat that was. The music was simply grand.  I still catch myself humming the tunes.

Both of today's pictures are from Smith St. I spotted the two orchids perched on top of a car. The ladies who had been carrying things turned to see me with my camera, assumed I was taking a picture of their house and gave me a bit of history. Truth is the house just made a happy backdrop for the orchids.


3 comments:

Kate said...

Love the design on the door. Looks like it might be glass: colorful and cheerful, and yes, it is needed during this rainy season. Read recently that this has been the second rainiest season here in Charleston; great idea to spend our winter months here!! But, then again, it's better than MN right now!

Charlestonjoan said...

It has rained but it hasn't been too miserably cold. Looking forward to seeing you tomorrow!

Chattahoochee Valley Daily said...

The glass in that door is beautiful.