24 October 2012

Circa 1886

Wild Strawberry Souffle, Circa 1886, Charleston, S.C
Lucky me. I wanted to thank a co-worker for all her help with a major project this evening and asked her to pick where she wanted to eat. She studied all the menus online and decided we should go to Circa 1886. Woo hoo. Yes, ma'am. I have no problem with that.

The restaurant is tucked in behind Wentworth Mansion Hotel and we got there early enough to snoop around inside. It's hard to believe that the beautiful hotel used to be an insurance building. The restaurant was the original stables.

I don't know why I preferred the picture in black and white because it is of the prettiest wild strawberry souffle'. I had the scallops and sneaked a taste of the flounder which was delicious as well. Thanks for taking such good care of us Jason!

Here is what I've always thought would be a great evening - a progressive dinner going from Inn to Inn by carriage ride. Doesn't that sound like fun?


7 comments:

Marcheline said...

Joan - delicious post! Sounds like a place after my own heart (and stomach). I've been subsumed in visiting/being visited recently, and am only just now re-emerging into my "normal" life, catching up with my favorite blogs again. I've missed you!

Charlestonjoan said...

Marcheline! I'll catch up with your adventures this evening. You would love this spot. Find a rich uncle and we'll go back!

Lucas said...

I'm a big fan of table top shots. I also get funny looks quite a bit when I take table top shots, but no matter. This is a nice one.

Catalyst said...

You have such fun. And such great dining!

Marcheline said...

You should always wear that color blue. It's absolutely perfect on you!

Charlestonjoan said...

Thanks Lucas. Everyone at the restaurant was taking pictures of their food so I think they were used to it!

Charlestonjoan said...

This was a treat!