20 October 2010

Places to Stay - Wentworth Mansion


Wentworth Mansion, Wentworth St., Charleston, S.C.

I get quite a few emails from people wondering where they should stay, eat, see in Charleston. Here is a treat for the big splurge! This is the Wentworth Mansion which I believe used to be an insurance company building. Check out the rooms in this link.

Living the good life doesn't come cheap and it looks like the average price is $350 a night so my family can't count on me putting them up there, but I definitely think you should treat yourself to a night and invite me over for tea.

7 comments:

Randy said...

That place looks amazing!

Commander Zaius said...

There is some bed and breakfast right on the Battery I want to stay at but I can't remember the name. Its got a huge porch and I can easily see myself sitting on it enjoying the evening in a rocking chair.

Jack said...

An unusual building. It looks a bit too tall and a bit too wide for the style, doesn't it?

Charlestonjoan said...

Randy - It is. It also has a restaurant attached. I ate there for New Years once.

Beach Bum - I'll find it for ya!

Jack - that may partly be my wide angel shot.

Pamela said...

Wentworth Mansion (as well as Battery Carriage House Inn) are two of my dream stays... seems a bit odd to do that when I live here, though!!

Beach Bum - are you talking about Two Meeting Street Inn?: http://www.twomeetingstreet.com/ - It's one of the more popular inn's because of all the movie/TV filming that's been done there. It's right on the corner of Meeting St. and South Battery across from White Point Gardens.

Pamela said...

By the way, I think Wentworth Mansion is one of the most difficult places to photograph due to all the electrical wires. I can normally photoshop them out, but that place is a wired mess!!

Charlestonjoan said...

Pamela - You are right. It is so big but you can't get very far back from it. I figure some day the electric wires will date a photo.