16 September 2012

Brunching around town

Queen St. Grocery, Queen St., Charleston, S.C.
This scene at the Queen St. Grocery looks just about right. Comfortable but not packed. So many brunchie places I walk by have long waiting lines curling around the corner. Hominy Grill, Jestine's Kitchen, Triangle Char & Bar. I can't do it. I don't mind waiting a while for a special dinner with complicated ingredients and cooking skills but I can't stand in line for breakfast. I can make decent pancakes myself and even mimosas are a breeze. When my kids were little that was family eat out time and we knew every good brunch place in town.

Are you a brunch eater? Where do you like to go and what do you like to order?

5 comments:

Lowandslow said...

I always look forward to weekend brunches. I like breakfast food, K is all over the board.

S

Charlestonjoan said...

I think I will start cooking brunch for people. Bacon makes every meal a hit.

Randy said...

Great street scene.

Kate said...

I adore brunches! We used to go out for breakfast often in the past, but "the mister" isn't crazy about it anymore. Instead I go to cafes early in the mornings while he sleeps in. Life is a transition! For special family occasions I still prefer brunches at home with my killer egg recipe and lots of fruit, some bagels, juice and hot black coffee.

Les said...

Anywhere with a good Bloody Mary, especially if it priced to sell.