29 April 2012

The Oaks Plantation

The Oaks, Goose Creek, S.C.
I won't have internet connection hooked up in my new little nest until Thursday so for the time being it is easier to use pictures I have on file rather than trying to upload new ones. Luckily I have a lot in my files!

This is the Oaks Plantation in Goose Creek.  The original house was built in the late 1600's although it has been destroyed by fire and rebuilt a couple of times. This building was probably built in 1892. There was another fire a few years ago and I thought it had been destroyed but apparently it was one of the out- buildings. It is now all part of the Golf & Country Club.There is still a very impressive avenue of oaks leading up to the property.

I spent my day back at my house in town cleaning, mopping and trying to leave things in order.  I am meeting a writer who is doing research on the early owner of the home tomorrow after work to give him a chance to get a feel for the person he is writing about. The couple told me to make dinner reservations at any restaurant I wanted to eat at after the house tour. Oh boy! I made reservations at the Macintosh. Yum.