25 February 2011

Before& After - East Bay St.


East Bay St., Charleston, S.C.

Another one of my favorite old ruins renovated without my permission. These folks did a lovely job so I can't hold it against them. ;)

I've been here, I've been there, I've been everywhere this week. I held my annual "gathering of the clans" training meetings for hospital volunteers. Just FYI, my volunteers at Roper St. Francis Healthcare did over 88,000 hours of service in 2010. Pretty impressive group of people. They don't like to come to meetings though, so I stoop to bribing them by promising desserts and door prizes. Heheh.

I don't like going to meetings myself but spent all day in Columbia doing just that. I sat there squirming knowing I should have offered to serve as President or sumthin' this year but whenever someone mentions the word "bylaws" I lapse into a coma and my eyes roll back in my head. I consider that a handicap. I try to pull my weight by taking all their photos. I think I deserve dessert and a door prize myself.

It's the weekend kids!

8 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Wowza! What an amazing renovation!! I bet that cost a pretty penny! I would love to see a 'before and after' of the inside! Thanks for sharing!

zakton said...

It looked rundown before the renovation. The renovation makes the building look a lot better. It was a great job on porch on the upper floors.

I notice that for the ground floor, the door leads to a side porch. That's something new to see.

Unknown said...

The Charleston "single house" - with the door leading to the side porch - is actually very common here.

Anonymous said...

They did a beautfiul job; a superbly sympathetic renovation...looks like a restoration. I love it when old buildings are finally loved.

Charlestonjoan said...

They did do a good job. When it was in it's rustic stage it was the subject for many a photographer and the door was an oil painting I think by John Doyle.

Jack said...

A house in a rustic stage is a house preparing to fall down. I am glad that these people rescued it. It looks great now.

Marcheline said...

Ooooh, pretty! I am surprised they didn't repaint that square post by the staircase while they were at it.... but the white paint against those lovely roses is so refreshing!