13 March 2010

My Walk Gallery


King & Calhoun St., Charleston, S.C.

I walk this city endlessly and the kind folks at the WALK gallery have built a gallery for me. This is in the window of the old Millenium Music building at King & Calhoun. Each window features a different artist and poet. I love a project that uses empty store front windows.

The days r seasons
since you left
each night feels blue
so full of missing

Kwame Alexander

WALK Gallery, LLC is an ambitious new public art project whose goal is to fill empty storefronts in Charleston, SC with artwork by regional artists.

This piece of poetry is by Kwame Alexander.

6 comments:

chucker said...

Joan, when I retired six years ago, one gift was a "lifetime membership" card at Millennium Music.

I'll see if I can go inside to see your pictures.

Charlestonjoan said...

chucker - please do! Make that lifetime membership work :)

Anonymous said...

Just a note : Artwork by local painter, William "Bill" Davies...Title: "Sacred Space", Mixed Media on Canvas, Floating Frame, 24 x 30, $1,800

More info. on the artist or to see more of Davies work... www.beyondthegalleryonline.com

Great Job WALK GALLERY, KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!

Charlestonjoan said...

Thank you! The picture did not give the artwork credit. The glare blocked it out.

Barry DeCarli said...

What a great idea! Charleston is such a beautiful city. I was fortunate enough to live there from 1978 to 1988.

Charlestonjoan said...

Thanks Barry. I see you are a poet as well!