13 March 2010

Charlie Chaplin's Gold Rush at Memminger Auditorium


Charleston Symphony, Memminger Auditorium, Charleston, S.C.

I am back to highly recommend the Charleston Symphony Orchestra's performance to Charlie Chaplin's film Gold Rush. It was absolutely wonderful and they have one more concert tonight. They show the 1925 black and white film on the screen and the symphony plays the score.

I had such a lovely evening with friends and my friend Becca (on the left) arranged for a quick photo op with the performers and Yuriy Bekker, Concertmaster (on the right) even though I just snuck in my little pocket camera.

Here is one of the funny snippets from the film:

2 comments:

Marcheline said...

Have you ever seen Johnny Depp do an homage to this scene in the all-time wowzer of Johnny Depp films, "Benny & Joon"?

Well, HAVE YOU?????

If not, put it on the list post haste.

Charlestonjoan said...

Marcheline - Post haste it is then! I have not seen it. Will fix that today if it is on youtube.