14 March 2010

Hop, hop, hoppin'....


Magnolia Plantation, Charleston, S.C.

It's that magical time of year when Valentine's candy is half off and Cadbury's mini Easter Eggs are on the shelves at the same time.

Here is some fun: the following are winners in a contest in which contestants were asked to take a well-known expression in a foreign language, change a single letter, and provide a definition for the new expression.

HARLEZ-VOUS FRANCAIS? - Can you drive a French motorcycle?

EX POST FUCTO - Lost in the mail

IDIOS AMIGOS - We're wild and crazy guys!

COGITO EGGO SUM - I think; therefore, I am a waffle

RIGOR MORRIS - The cat is dead

RESPONDE S'IL VOUS PLAID - Honk if you're Scots

POSH MORTEM - Death styles of the rich and famous

PRO BOZO PUBLICO - Support your local clown

MONAGE A TROIS - I am three years old

VENI, VIDI, VICE - I came, I saw, I partied.

VENI VIDI VISA - I came, I saw, I bought

ICH LIEBE RICH - I'm really crazy about fat food

VISA LA FRANCE - Don't leave chateau without it

CA VA SANS DIRT - And that's not gossip

AMICUS PURIAE - Platonic friend



4 comments:

BenB said...

Lol. Nice pic as usual.

Donna Gill Colestock said...

Sigh. Oh how I wish I were in Charleston.

Charlestonjoan said...

Thanks Ben. Hope all is well your way!

Donna - it was a good day to be in Charleston. Everything is ready to explode into bloom.

Jess said...

lol. really. oh, and if you haven't gone already, a wine bar opened up at the corner of king and queen (Bin 152). I love it, and if you're learning about wines with legs, it might be your next natural stop.