10 November 2009

Lowcountry Windmill


Windmill at Riverland Terrace, Charleston, S.C.

The windmill at the end of Plymouth Rd. in Riverland Terrace finds it's home in the Quirky, SC file. I spent my free afternoon seeing Coco, Before Chanel at the Terrace Theater and then walked down to the water. I never tire of revisiting these sweet spots.

Charleston Magazine features fourteen Unique, Buzz-Worthy, Intriguing personalities and invites you to chose the fifteenth. Do you know an intriguing local personality? Submit their name here.

Back to work in the morning. My ninety six year old volunteer called to check on me. He said he'd worked with me for ten years and couldn't recall me taking a sick day before. I keep explaining that I'm not really sick but we are discouraged from coughing and sneezing all over a hospital these days. Achoo!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am unfamiliar with this area, but the two pictures definitely make me want to check it out!

Charlestonjoan said...

It's well worth a visit. it's right next to the fire station.

Hilda said...

That is such a sweet windmill! I wouldn't mind sitting on that bench either — beautiful and relaxing view.

Marcheline said...

Great spot - hope you're better soon!

Catalyst said...

That bench appears to be rather precariously perched. Don't know if I'd trust it. But the view is nice.

Frank said...

How special that you have a 96 year-old worried about YOUR health. (Watch out Joan. He very likely has his eye on that cute Nurse Perry!!)

Charlestonjoan said...

Frank - :)) It does make you feel young to have a 96 year old worry about you.

Catalyst - The view is nice. I won't push you off.

Marcheline - Doing fine! I did just fine and had a long day too.

Hilda - It's lovely, isn't it?