11 November 2009

Wednesday Hodge Podge


J & W Grocery Store, Pitt St., Charleston, S.C.

We still have a few nice neighborhood grocery stores in Charleston.

How am I to bring you pictures if I go to work before the sun comes up and come home long after dark? Hmmmmph. Long rainy day. I ended it at the new Hampton Inn by Costco, where the American Heart Association was holding their final recognition event. I did take pictures there of course.

It's been a successful year for my pet cause. The funny moment was when Dr. Sock Monkey got an award certificate for fund raising since I entered him as a participant. He'll get to pick out a little sumthin', sumthin' for his efforts.

Meanwhile a couple of links to entertain you and I am off to get a hot cuppa tea.

Hilarious & Crazy Signage.

South Carolina Nature Journaling

See through, light transmitting concrete. Tell me that isn't cool.

Thinking of Cremation?

7 comments:

Unseen Rajasthan said...

Beautiful shot !! So nice !~~

Judy said...

The building looks old and in need of a facelift but picturesque just as it is. I see the neon "Arizona" through the window.
The sock monkey was a great idea and I have enjoyed all the photo's of the little guy.

Pam Johnson Brickell said...

Thank you, Joan for mentioning my blog :) Is it as cold in Charleston as it is here in Bluffton? 52 degrees at noon!!!!!!

Charlestonjoan said...

Thanks Rajasthan!

Jarart - The sock monkeys have been a big hit. We are working on one in a historical nursing uniform.

Pam - You are most welcome. It's a pleasure leading people to good stuff. It is gray and chilly here. Yuck.

Becky said...

Great pic, love neighborhood grocery stores, You can learn lot about a community from them.

Marcheline said...

OH YE GODS, Joan..... the "cremains"... the "head of the deceased".... the "we can digitally recreate hair - OR YOU CAN JUST USE A WIG"!!!!

I can't stop laughing, and can you just picture a WIG on THAT THING in SOMEONE'S HOUSE????

HAHAhahahahahhaahaaaaaaaaaaaRRRRRRRRRGGGHHHHHHH!!!!

*gasp*

For just over two grand!!!!

*weeping*

Charlestonjoan said...

Marcheline - I knew someone would appreciate that! Shall I prepay my funeral arrangements with them so my kids will have to live with it? Heheh.