18 July 2009

A Fine Fox Terrier


Palmetto Bluff, Bluffton, SC

A Fine Fox Terrier and Much Loved Companion.

I remembered the name of the seaside development where the little chapel I posted last Sunday was, Palmetto Bluff. This fantasy land village is on the water near Bluffton, S.C.

As usual the cemetery caught my eye but looked oddly laid out with each tombstone lined up perfectly, pine bark groomed, not a weed in sight. Odd, eh? Old cemeteries in South Carolina tend to be adventures in landscaping and this was simply too immaculate. Kneeling down to read the inscription I realized I was taking pictures of perhaps the most beautiful location for a pet cemetery in the world.

Hmmmm. Wonder if they would let me be buried in a pet cemetery? This is a sweet spot.

1 comment:

Frank said...

I couldn't agree with you more. This is a gorgeous place to spend eternity...if the canines don't mind a human crowding their space.