12 July 2009

Church Photo in Lieu of Attendance


Church Photo in Lieu of Attendance, Bluffton, SC

This sweet chapel is in a waterfront community near Bluffton but for the life of me I can't recall what it was called. A wedding was in progress and it all looked very Disney worldish and too perfect to be real.

Bonus funny:

Drawing God

A kindergarten teacher was observing her classroom of children while they drew. She would occasionally walk around to see each child's artwork. As she got to one little girl who was working diligently, she asked what the drawing was.

The girl replied, "I'm drawing God." The teacher paused and said, "But no one knows what God looks like."

Without missing a beat, or looking up from her drawing the girl replied, "They will in a minute."

8 comments:

Lowell said...

That is truly a beautiful structure! Never seen anything quite like it.

The joke's an old one, Joan, but it's a goodie!

Funny, I posted a couple of churches today, too, on Ocala and Florida Fotos...

Great minds, I guess...

Tiger Fan said...

Love your Blog----Love your city. I just returned from my first visit to Charleston and absolutely fell in love with your beautiful city.Charleston sure knows how to make a Yankee girl feel welcome! I will be checking in to your blog often!!

Charlestonjoan said...

Tiger Fan - Glad you are having a good time!

Pam said...

What a sweet church - I haven't come across it before.

Charlestonjoan said...

Pam - it's new. It's in some fancy development. I'll think of the name.....

Waldo Lydecker's Journal said...

What amazing windows! I can only imagine what an Easter morn service would be like.

Anonymous said...

What a pretty little church.

Judy said...

Looks like it was built with weddings in mind.