23 July 2009
AC in use
Old County Store, Hwy 176, S.C.
This is one of my favorite handwritten signs. Computer generated signs took so much fun out of life. Sadly this particular Country Store is closed.
My theory is that you don't ever get used to the heat. You simply get used to sweating in public. Drip, drip, drip.
It's so hot in South Carolina that...
* A seat belt makes a pretty good branding iron.
* When the temperature drops below 95, you feel a bit chilly.
* It's so hot outside it will make you return things you never stole.
* It's hotter than a steel playground at noon.
* You can attend any function wearing shorts and a tank top.
* The best parking place is determined by shade instead of distance.
* Hot water now comes out of both taps.
* You actually burn your hand opening the car door.
* You realize that asphalt has a liquid state.
* It's so hot you could spit fire. But, please don't.