14 January 2009

Charleston Daily Photo?


St. Philip St., Charleston, SC

Now that I am a member of the City Daily Photo group, one picture a day is posted on the City Daily Photo homepage. It's addicting clicking around to see what is happening today in cities all over the world. I thought I would throw a kink in the works with today's picture. Yep. This is Charleston, South Carolina. Here is a larger version.

I often stop by this abandoned building behind Memminger Elementary on St. Philip St. and take a picture of the neat old door and grumble about new smears of graffiti. I stepped in the yard automatically this time and as soon as I took the picture a security officer asked me what I thought I was doing. Oooops. I knew something was different with the Bata Shoe store sign. Turns out I was walking on to a movie set. It is already back to normal again.

12 comments:

Guy D said...

Beautiful shots Joan, I really enjoyed my tour of your blog. Where abouts in Canada were you born?

Cheers!
Regina In Pictures

Anonymous said...

Guy D: My goodness your pictures are beautiful! My father actually taught at Western Christian College in Regina many, many years ago. I was born in Simcoe, Ontario (surely there is a sign claiming that!). My childhood memories are from Beamsville, Ontario and then I came back to Nursing School in Toronto.

PJ said...

I hope you were able to get some good shots before you were asked to leave. Any idea what the movie is and who is in it?

Julia said...

So, a Hungarian coffee house set next to a Czech shoe store in Charleston South Carolina. Cool pic! I do wonder what movie it might be.

Catalyst said...

It looks very French to me.

Anonymous said...

So now you're a movie extra?

A pilot friend of mine did some flying scenes in "Walker, Texas Ranger". Once he was given a speaking part, which meant he had to join the Screen Actors Guild. His only line was, "Look out!" hahaha!

Great photo. Love it.

S

Judy said...

Wonderful shot and story. We never know what we will wander into with our cameras, do we?

becomingkate said...

I love these pics!
Have you heard of Luther College in Regina? Dale and I used to stay there when they hosted summer karate camps.

Anonymous said...

Oh wow, superb photo, Joan. I think I need to open up a little tearoom - "The Charleston Tea Party" - in one of those buildings, don't you???? :-)

Anonymous said...

This photo is awesome.

Anonymous said...

Wildstorm, Thank you! It is a little odd for Charleston, eh?

Denise: I think Charleston does need a Tea Room. This would be a perfect building.

becomingkate: I've never been to Regina. My parents were there early in their marriage. BJ. Before Joan. :)))

Jarart: That is exactly why I am always sorry if I don't take my camera with me everywhere.

lowandslow: I think it would be fun being a movie extra. It takes a lot of time though. Maybe when I retire. This time I was lucky and had to sweet talk the security guard.

Catalyst: Eastern Europe I am thinking.

Julia: I think you have it!

PJ: I thought the security guard said something like "Danger Jones" but I can't find info on anything that sounds like that.

Alyssa said...

That is from the set of Dear John. It is supposed to look like a European market/cafe.