15 January 2009

Art for Heart


Chef Sean Brock at the Art Institute, Heart Association benefit, Charleston, SC

I was leaving work after a late volunteer orientation session and stopped to help a poor lady who had fallen in front of the hospital when my friend Andre' called to say that McCrady's chef extraordinaire Sean Brock was cooking at the Heart Institute if I cared to stop by and take pictures.

Cool, I thought, I am into the Heart Association, and asked which hospital it was at. Between the chaos I was in and his accent it turned out to be the "Art" Institute rather than the "Heart" Institute. You can color me confused when I walked in to the Art Institute to find all the Heart Association gals I work with on a regular basis working the fundraising benefit. Do I have your heads spinning? Mine was.

Needless to say the action was in the kitchen and I've discovered I have a season pass - my camera. What fun. Sheesh. These folks were artists. I was amazed and stunned to learn I was welcome to lift forks right out of their hands to taste the delicious treats. Omigod. They had no idea I meant to warm up a leftover slice of pizza for dinner.



7 comments:

Maggsworld said...

Now I am hungry

Judy said...

Oh my! How lucky are you? Must be reward for your good deed.

Windviel said...

leave this comment:

Are those baby radishes on sticks?
Do they feel pain?
We don't think we'd take anything out of that big fellow's hand without first asking..pretty please.
Very nice photos, but don't say the title too fast.

Anonymous said...

Ms. Perry, awesome pictures..thanx..thats my hand..

warren

Charlestonjoan said...

Anon! I'm glad you found the pictures. I love those tiny radish shots :))

Windviel: Radish Rights?

Jarart: I was lucky.

Maggsworld: I was starving when I walked in.

Anonymous said...

What is on the radishes? It looks like dirt, but surely not... :)

Charlestonjoan said...

Lessie, it isn't dirt but the idea was to make them look like they had just been pulled out of the ground to pop in your mouth. I'll find out what it was.