|635 East Bay St., Charleston, SC|
And more information on this site: Palmetto & Cannon
This stately house and compound was built ca. 1832 by one Henry F. Faber.
Joshua Ward, a wealthy and famous rice planter and SC's Lieutenant Governor, purchased the house from Faber.
The Faber-Ward house was converted into a hotel for emancipated slaves when the Union troops occupied Charleston during the War of Southern Secession. The hotel failed and the house again became a private residence. Today the house has been converted to professional office use.