15 February 2016

Up the stairs

King St., Charleston, SC   
As shop spaces get used up on King St. I've noticed teasing signs enticing shoppers up side steps to stores on the second level. They are worth the climb! There are a couple of cute little shops tucked away down the alley, up the stairs and down the hallway. Give them a chance!

In other news, I think it's time to finally get rid of my landline. Boo. My phone has been ringing off the hook during this political season and has reached the tipping point. I wonder how many people call to cancel their phone lines during an election year?

In even other news I just took my favorite pear tart out of the oven and it made me think of this rediscovered picture of my grandmother Helen Cameron at pear harvest season on Canada. As children we would help sort the pears by size to determine if they were big enough to be sold. One of my cousins recently scanned in and shared batches of old black and white pictures that have been delighting me. This is exactly how I remember my grandmother.