09 June 2015

Sunny photo on a rainy day

Montagu St., Charleston, SC 
Holy monsoons, kids! We have had some rain. I haven't seen my yard (post drainage installation) this flooded for a long time. I am very glad I didn't need to be driving in town this evening. It was a fine night to be snug as a bug in my little nest.

I don't usually walk Montagu St. this far west and spotted this bright beauty on a recent walk. I will be using some blog filler from recent walks and jaunts for the next week or so since I am busy as a:

Busy as a beaver
Busy as a humming bird with two tails
Busy as a one-armed paperhanger with the hives
Busy as the day is long
Busy as the devil in a gale of wind
Busy as a cross-eyed boy at a three-ring circus
Busy as a hen with fifteen chickens in a barnyard
Busy as a hen with one chick
Busy as a boy killing snakes
Busy as a beehive attacked by a bear
Busy as horses in a field of clover
 
Montagu St., Charleston, SC
Thanks for the sentiment but I am simply too busy!

    

5 comments:

William Kendall said...

What a beautiful house!

Catalyst said...

Gorgeous house.

In my, and my wife's, family it was always "busy as a one-armed paper-hanger with the itch." I imagine it would be the same with the hives.

Charlestonjoan said...

It is!

Charlestonjoan said...

The itch is a new addition for me! Makes sense.

Marcheline said...

Busy as all get-out. 8-)