20 November 2014

Partying with the Healthcare Heroes

Roper St. Francis Healthcare Heroes, 2014
I've had the most inspiring evening at the Charleston Regional Business Journal's Healthcare Heroes Awards Ceremony at the Francis Marion Hotel. Nominees were recognized in many categories including healthcare professionals, nurses, physicians, EMTs, service animals and volunteers.

I was there to celebrate them all but especially the young woman below who is one of my volunteers. The week after she learned CPR last year she was camping with her grandfather and saved the life of a toddler who drowned in a pond. I am so proud of Brittany I could bust. This gal will go far.

 


4 comments:

William Kendall said...

Such good portrait shots!

Catalyst said...

You go, girl.

Charlestonjoan said...

Thanks William. I am having some trouble getting really sharp indoor shots with flash. It is a problem with my newer model camera. It should get better, not worse!

Charlestonjoan said...

Fun night!