19 July 2014

Tree trimming day

Charleston, S.C.
I paid a lot to have some trees trimmed and one large dying tree cut down but wow, did they put on a good show. They swept in with a large team, heavy equipment and swarmed over my little property. That truck in the photo above is already full of wood chips and they hadn't started with the large tree they took down yet. I was very impressed. I sneaked a few pictures between the blinds because there was no way I was going out in that madness!

No one got hurt, no trees crashed on my roof and they cleaned up well. It was better than watching an action movie.


10 comments:

William Kendall said...

That does take a lot of manpower!

chuckography said...

Joan, glad it went well! Sonny explained most of his crew has been with him about 10 years so they work well together as a team. He was back across the street early this morning and had a tree in my neighbor's front yard taken out, cut up and hauled away before I had my first coffee. Wow.

Jack said...

Lots of firewood! Your place will get far more light than before.

Catalyst said...

Good work by a good team.

Marcheline said...

Good lord, Joan!! I wouldn't have gone out there, either. That must have cost you a pretty penny. I've got a massive tree looming over my houses and my neighbors' as well... but it would cost a bundle to have taken down. I'm just praying it stays healthy.

Charlestonjoan said...

It cost a very pretty penny. They said the tree was 80% rotted at the base. We had a major storm the other night so things were well timed.

Charlestonjoan said...

Thanks Chuck! I mentioned your name!

Charlestonjoan said...

It already feels brighter and is more visible. Nice.

Charlestonjoan said...

Sonny runs a tight ship. No lazing around on his watch!

Charlestonjoan said...

It was a big and efficient crew.