04 May 2014

Dragon Boat Charleston

Dragon Boat Charleston, S.C.
Ha! This picture cracks me up. The fellow in the green shirt looks like he is asking the bear what he thinks he is doing. He is lucky it was a relatively cool day.

I walked through the happy chaos of Dragon Boat Charleston this morning and tried to get shots of some of my friends and co-workers teams. These gentlemen were a happy addition as they answered the age old question about what men do wear under their kilts!  Lots of fun for a good cause.


6 comments:

Marcheline said...

A man wearing shorts under a kilt is doing it wrong. That, in fact, is NOT what a real Scot wears under his kilt. I know this, because I married one. In some bagpipe bands, the band leader goes around before they play with a small mirror on a stick, making sure that everyone is "regimental" (nothing on underneath). If anyone is found with knickers on, they are thrown on a table and the entire rest of the band removes them for him, making sure that ALL members are "regimental". I say hooray for tradition!

Catalyst said...

My oh my. I may not visit Scotland after all, Marcheline!

That's a great event, Joan.

Charlestonjoan said...

Great story! Go Scotland!

Charlestonjoan said...

It is a big event. Some of our paddlers go to competitive events in other cities.

William Kendall said...

Terrific shots, Joan. We have dragon boat racing here, but the event's well into the summer.

Jack said...

Your dragon boat races are very early. May! I think the races in Hartford are in August.