25 January 2014

How we do snow in the lowcountry

Vanderhorst St., Charleston, S.C.
No, we don't have snow but rumors of it made me look back on the fun shots I took after a perfect snow in 2010.

It was a Friday evening so I didn't have to worry about driving which was fortunate since Charleston closes down when we spot a snowflake. We had a couple inches of light fluffy snow and it was magical! It was the first snow many lowcountry children had ever seen. There was a snowball fight in front of my house and everyone was outside laughing and playing. I took these the next day.

Waterfront Park, Charleston, S.C.
No explanation for this one! Charleston, S.C.
John C. Calhoun needed his coat that night!, Charleston, S.C.
Lowcountry snow is so precious we guard it!
Help me! Charleston, S.C.
  


6 comments:

Catalyst said...

Oh, dear, a spam comment. I've had a few of those.

William Kendall said...

I might have seen that spam comment before.... yeesh.

It doesn't surprise me that snowball fights will break out in that instance. Kids who have never seen snow pretty quickly figure out how to make the most of it!

The Calhoun statue reminds me of some that I've seen here this winter coated with snow.

Lowandslow said...

Love the photo of 'ol John C. with is snowy cape/coat. :)

S

Pixel Peeper said...

All of your photos made me smile! You don't have to worry about Daniel's spam comment - this girl is still very attracted to your blog.

;-)

Charlestonjoan said...

Yeah, a few of them still slip through now and again. Very annoying. I'll delete him and then no one will know what you are talking about, eh :). I am glad you are still attracted Pixel! Thanks folks.

Susan Moorhead said...

It's flurrying again up here and they are promising another round of arctic air...wanna trade?