30 June 2013

Hopsewee Plantation - Tea Room

Hopsewee Plantation, S.C.
What have I been thinking? They serve a proper afternoon tea at Hopsewee Plantation and I've never been there?  I remember trying once but the gate was closed and sometimes they have special events so best give a call before you head up the coast towards Georgetown. I made it in yesterday and dodged flocks of  mosquitoes the size of hummingbirds to get these pictures and it was worth it. Seriously. Take bug spray.

I didn't take the formal house tour but enjoyed lunch in the tea shop (below). Check out the menus here. I'd like to go back with enough time to explore the property.


7 comments:

Jo H. said...

Great discovery!

Charlestonjoan said...

Nice to know there are still amazing treats to discover. Eye candy and coconut cake!

Anonymous said...

Nice i have enjoy your blog. your blog content is very informative, good quality approach with nice and unique wording about

Chattahoochee Valley Daily said...

I guess you can buy a teapot. Lunch looks delicious.

Marcheline said...

What a fab little place!

Catalyst said...

That first one looks like a quiche. Was it?

Charlestonjoan said...

Yes, it was. I've been on a bit of a Quiche Kick lately even making them myself.