09 May 2013

Corner stores & gourmet treats

Bull St. Gourmet - Bull St., Charleston, S.C.
I had to note that this Bull St. Gourmet is on Bull St. because the newer one where I liked to hang out halfway through my evening walk to enjoy my roasted portobello sandwich and a glass of wine is on lower King St. These little corner stores and gourmet grocery stores are one of the things I do miss about living on the peninsula. I love it that we do still have some character spots.

This week has taken the wind out of my sails. The weekend is so close I can almost taste it. Yum. What movie shall I go to?


7 comments:

Lowandslow said...

I agree....I always like those little "hole in the wall" places. They're worth the effort to find them.

S

Lowandslow said...

Oh....and I like the red A-4, too. ;)

S

Pixel Peeper said...

Love these quaint little places!

Charlestonjoan said...

I include the cool cars just for you, lowandslow :)

Charlestonjoan said...

I do too. Chains stores have no personality. It is a shame.

Jack said...

Interesting that you show three of these places with the entrances cut into an angle at the corner. That must be a Charleston thing. (Or I have not been paying attention elsewhere.)

Charlestonjoan said...

Jack - now you have picked out something that I hadn't even realized and I took the pictures. I will need to look at other shops to confirm that is it a Charleston thing.