22 April 2013

Teeny, tiny houses of Charleston

Bull St., Charleston, S.C.
Here a couple more shots to add to the series of teeny, tiny houses of Charleston taken on a Bull St. walk this weekend. They might not really be so small in square footage but they are in respect to the large neighboring homes. Cute little things indeed.

My Canadian niece Elizabeth is studying this year at the University of Essex in the UK. Peak in on her travels and say hello on her blog: Keep Calm and Travel On.

Take a moment and vote for Bernie Ditter on the Salute to Senior Service link. Bernie is an extraordinary volunteer not only for the Juvenile Justice Dept. but for Roper Hospital. This is an easy vote and you can repeat daily if you are inclined: http://www.salutetoseniorservice.com/volunteer-contest/entries/bernie-d/


14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your niece has a nice blog! My neighbor just finished her last semester in London and they traveled to the same places, Ireland, Spain... how fun! I can't imagine the wonderful memories comes with spending a semester abroad! Very cool!

Lowandslow said...

Looks like more than enough for me. :)

S

HIBISCUS HOUSE said...

Love your blog Joan!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the shout out, Aunt Joan! In terms of blogging, you're the best of the best.

Marcheline said...

I love the second one, but oh, never never have a house with a flat level roof! The water leaks just never, ever end, no matter how many gallons of tar you pour on. I had a house with just one small part of a flat roof on one side, and it was a nightmare.

Pixel Peeper said...

Your pictures of the small houses of Charleston always make me curious about what it looks like inside and how the people furnished and decorated it.

Charlestonjoan said...

What an adventure! I am glad to hear about young people who take off and see the world. It is the best way to broaden your horizon.

Charlestonjoan said...

Yes, especially the second one. The front looks small but it might actually be a couple of separate units.

Charlestonjoan said...

Thanks Dolly! How kind of you.

Charlestonjoan said...

You are most welcome. I am proud of you! Have lots of adventures!

Charlestonjoan said...

Yes, I agree. It doesn't seem like a good idea, ever.

Charlestonjoan said...

Right....me too. They must be some tiny rooms. I used to look inside a lot of them on real estate pages when I sold my house and was trying to decide what to do. I had my eye on all the tiny ones in town.

Kate said...

I'd love to be able to rent one of those for a few months. Tiny rooms wouldn't bother me at all.

Anonymous said...

those house might be tiny but I bet they are not cheap

I am looking to move into a rental in Charleston in the next few months and I think I will have to stay on the perimeter of town to be able to afford it...