30 October 2012

Halloween countdown - Charleston style

Charleston Railway Museum, Citadel Mall, Charleston, S.C.
I dropped my car off at Sears Auto at Citadel Mall for an oil change and stopped by the Railway Museum while I was putting in time waiting for them to call me. They never did call so I did a lot of wandering. Hanging around a mall can get expensive.

I had my pocket Canon camera in my purse and was trying to get the shot of the miniature Halloween decorated tree in the scene as the train came by. Tricky! One of the gentlemen came by and said, "You want to catch the train in that spot? I'll use the kill switch". So, there ya go. All we needed was the Kill Switch to stop it in it's tracks.

The Best Friend of Charleston Railway Museum contains artifacts, videos and Lionel's limited edition operating model of the Best Friend train. The museum is located at The Citadel Mall at 2070 Sam Rittenberg Road in Charleston SC. Visitors are invited to visit the museum Tuesdays and Thursdays from 5 to 9 and Saturdays and Sundays from 1 to 5.

4 comments:

Catalyst said...

I love model trains!

Anonymous said...

Great use of time Joan! I remember about 20 years ago, I took my car to the Sears at NWoods mall to have the oil changed... it took about 8 hours... ended up being the most expensive oil change ever, ha ha... i wandered, had no intentions of spending, but hmmm, must have found something, ha ha... hope you're back by now!! Happy Halloween to you!

Charlestonjoan said...

I do too! These gentlemen got an empty store front in the mall and filled it with displays. Great use of empty space.

Charlestonjoan said...

Exactly! They said they finished it long ago but were too busy to call me. Usually I go eat at Sesame and that is the perfect time.