13 May 2012

May showers, spring flowers

Canon Park, Charleston, S.C.
These flowers were saying, "Thank you, thank you, thank you" so joyously I could almost hear them but wasn't it lucky that College of Charleston graduation ceremony was yesterday instead of today? The empty chairs looked sad in the rain. I love it that graduation is on Mother's Day weekend. What a happy gift to watch your child graduate from university.

I hope all the mother's are having a good day. There is nothing more rewarding than raising little ones. I feel very fortunate to have two great kids and I love 'em to little tiny pieces.


8 comments:

Kate said...

The flowers are perfect for the day, and may you have a great Mother's Day.

Anonymous said...

Our son graduated C of C on Mother's Day and a friend asked why they would do that; didn't it take away from my day? I can't think of a better gift! I never understood that remark. It was a wonderful way to celebrate. I also love the tradition of white dresses and dinner jackets.

Happy Mother's Day to you, Joan! Thank you for the wonderful photos.
Deb

Charlestonjoan said...

I hope you did as well Kate!

Charlestonjoan said...

I agree. I think it is a lovely time for graduation. I hope they can keep the tradition. Happy Mother's Day to you!

Marcheline said...

Happy Mother's Day, Joan... I hope it was a good one! Hugs!

brattcat said...

such a beautiful campus. hope your day was swell.

Charlestonjoan said...

We got ahead of ourselves and went out to dinner on Thursday instead to skip the crowds. I had a nice day.

Charlestonjoan said...

It is such a beautiful campus. They have used it as a set location for quite a few movies.