08 March 2012

Tin Can Man

The Muppets' Wizard of Oz (2005) (TV)
Tin Thing: Welcome to the Total Intelligence Network, T.I.N. for short.

Toto: What in the name of all that is holy are you, okay?
Tin Thing: Oh, I'm a T.I.N. thing, a fully robotic information gathering device for the Wicked Witch of the West. And I can answer any question in the universe. Anything.
Toto: I got one. Why are the women so confusing, okay?
Tin Thing: Let me process that.
[holds his breath as an antenna sprouts from the top of his tin head]
Tin Thing: [releases deep breath] It only seems that way because men are so simple.

Scarecrow: You know, I'd give my stuffed flipper for only half of your brain.
Tin Thing: Take it from me, brains don't make you happy.

I found this little can fella in a yard in Byrnes Down neighborhood and thought he was pretty cute.

Don't let me forget that I am supposed to be in Columbia in the morning.  

8 comments:

Rick said...

No matinee?

Charlestonjoan said...

We shall see what time I get home. Hope so!

Samuel Bebee said...

I just have to say, I'm loving your Byrnes Downs (and Avondale) love these days!

Charlestonjoan said...

Thanks! You may see more. It looks like I might have a contract on my house so I need to figure out where I can live. I've been walking all the possibilities, Riverland Terrace, Byrnes Downs, Hampton Park. Gotta spare bedroom? :)

Samuel Bebee said...

Sure! and if you're exploring the neighborhood and see us out on the porch under our bright tin roof, stop by for a cocktail! We'll give you the hard sell on Byrnes Downs, though I can see the appeal of living within walking distance of the Terrace... But speaking as one who moved from the peninsula a few years ago, I can say that wherever you land you're not going to believe how quiet it is at night!

Rick said...

Riverland Terrace is the place you oughta be.

Charlestonjoan said...

Thanks! I'll keep my eye out for folks on a porch with cocktails in hand!

Charlestonjoan said...

Right next to my favorite theater, right? :) It is a sweet spot.