02 February 2012

One of these things is not like the other....


One of the things I like about Charleston is that this tiny cottage can be catty corner across the street from a grand home. I'll take the wee one please.

Whoa Charleston, we can't be having this traffic nightmare everyday!  Yesterday a truck accident blocked the highway and this afternoon a suicidal gentleman in distress caused the Ravenel Bridge to be closed for hours leaving traffic backed up for miles. I hope everyone got home (or to the Jimmy Buffet concert) safely.

Both nights, I pulled off in time, wandered the mall for an hour or two and caught a yummy bite to eat at Sesame. Roast corn on the cob,the Ultimate Grilled Cheese and a corona. Mmmmmm. I had one eye on the TV screen on the wall that showed the bridge so I could see when it was safe to head home. Thanks Sesame!


8 comments:

Eleanor said...

Joan, I'm with you. Small is good.

brattcat said...

excellent problem solving, joan.

Lowandslow said...

Yes, smaller home = simpler life, I promise.

S

Anonymous said...

"Small rooms or dwellings discipline the mind, large ones weaken it." - Leonardo Da Vinci

Jess said...

I did make it to the Buffet concert but it took a couple of hours!!!

Charlestonjoan said...

This quote was picked up from your facebook comment and has been shared around.

Charlestonjoan said...

Oh Jess - I bet you had a great time after you got there!

Kate said...

I'd be more than happy living in either building!