19 December 2011

Broken Memories

Holiday Ornament
Boo hiss. I broke the old Calvin & Hobbes ornament I painted for my son when he was a little critter. The ornament was dated 1991. Ouch.

Calvin & Hobbes Quotes:

 “- "I've been thinking Hobbes --"
- "On a weekend?"
- "Well, it wasn't on purpose..."”

 “County library? Reference desk, please. Hello? Yes, I need a word definition. Well, that's the problem. I don't know how to spell it and I'm not allowed to say it. Could you just rattle off all the swear words you know and I'll stop you when...Hello?”

“I wonder if I can grow fangs when my baby teeth fall out.”

 “What fun is it being cool if you can't wear a sombrero?”

 “Life is like topography, Hobbes. There are summits of happiness and success, flat stretches of boring routine, and valleys of frustration and failure.”

 “-You can't just turn on creativity like a faucet. You have to be in the right mood.
-What mood is that?
-Last-minute panic.”

 “Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.”

 “Who was the first guy that look at a cow and said," I think that I'll drink whatever comes out of those things when I squeeze them?”

 “Well, remember what you said, because in a day or two, I'll have a witty and blistering retort! You'll be devastated THEN!”

9 comments:

chuckography said...

You got me giggling....

Rick said...

Thank you for the laughs. I love Calvin and Hobbes. Sorry about your ornament. You should have painted in his lucky Rocketship underpants then his pants. It might have spared the breakage..

Jack said...

Well, Joan, you did get 20 good years out of it. But, it is still sad when you lose an old friend. Your Calvin & Hobbs quotations had me laughing hard enough for the tears to roll. Maybe because I was remembering when my kids were young and would read these out loud . . .

Chattahoochee Valley Daily said...

LOL...

Pixel Peeper said...

Ooooh - I understand how you feel about losing that ornament.

I LOVE Calvin and Hobbes - have all the books, all of them. They were Christmas presents for my kids over the years.

Charlestonjoan said...

chuck - you giggling made me giggle :)

Rick - I love them too. My son had all the albums.

Jack - Aren't they grand? I'd forgotten them. It might be time to reread the books.

Pixel - We did too!

CharlestonShines said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
CharlestonShines said...

Bummers! You painted that? By all means you should paint a quilt! :)

Charlestonjoan said...

That's better. Thanks.