12 July 2011

Signs of happy times


Mills House Hotel, Queen St., Charleston, S.C.

I love the look of colorful towels drying on a porch railing. It speaks so much of summer fun even when it's in a snazzy downtown hotel. I hope this family is having a wonderful lowcountry vacation.

Back from jury duty. I don't have to report each morning until 9:30 a.m. which almost feels like a day off in my world. I may get lazy and fat on this jury business since I've been eating out each day instead of my usual scrap of hospital cafeteria salad.

Today a few of my fellow well labeled JURORS walked down to G & M for their lunch special and I kicked myself for not going there more often. It was so yummy. I'll be back! Maybe tomorrow ;). Meanwhile, you know the drill - I can't talk about it.

6 comments:

Lowandslow said...

"I may get lazy and fat on this jury business..." And you might add rich, too. Here we get $6 for the first day, and if we are seated on a jury, $40 per day after the first day. Woo hoo!

Don't blow all your windfall. :)

S

Charlestonjoan said...

Hmmmph. We just get $10 a day no matter what. Plus a dollar a mile to and from. Since I walked down that ain't gonna be much. I ate my $10 for lunch today and enjoyed it!

Marcheline said...

This photo looks like what I imagine the old New Orleans looked like.

brattcat said...

love your attitude. often people are so grumpy about jury duty.

Leif Hagen said...

Wowie wow wow - look at those gorgeous iron railings!!

Kate said...

Colourful and in love with the iron work.