01 May 2011

My Adirondack Chairs


Adirondack Chairs, S.C.

Yeah! Aren't they pretty? I am pleased as punch. I bought these for $29 each at Home Depot and stained them in a mad rush yesterday afternoon.

I still have to paint a little side table and these could use some touching up (tough getting a brush in between all the slats) but I firmly believe you shouldn't work too hard on both weekend days. One day you paint, the next day you sit and relax and drink a Corona. They are very lightweight but seem sturdy enough and just as perfect as I had hoped.

13 comments:

brattcat said...

They look great! An excellent color choice and from this distance the paint job could not be improved. Thanks for posting a photo of them.

Lowandslow said...

Sweeeeeeet! They do look very comfortable, and you seem to have done a great paint job, too. :)

S

Catalyst said...

Very nice but I'd like some cushions!

Charlestonjoan said...

brattcatt - thank you! I am kinda partial to blue.

lowandslow - nice, eh? I am pleased.

catalyst - there are actually special cushions sold for adirondack chairs. Not sure if they are standard size or not. I'll have to check on it.

Kate said...

Wow! Now I KNOW that I will go hunt them down. As soon as the wind dies down, the temperatures rises, and the sun comes out! Where is spring??

Anonymous said...

But where are they? Is that your Ratcliffborough back yard?

Marcheline said...

Joan - gorgeous chairs! Wish I was there to enjoy them (and some Corona) with you.

Suzie said...

I love the color you chose! I think I should get some - ah, what color would I paint them?? Can't decide. But, HD has got to love you!

High Power Rocketry said...

Huge collection of chairs!

Charlestonjoan said...

Marcheline - maybe some day!

Suzie - anytime I don't use blue it means I have self discipline. ;)

R2K - four chairs. Enough to have company.

Pamela said...

They look fantastic! Awesome addition to your cozy little cabin!

Pamela said...

Now all you need a is a fire pit and some bug spray!

Anonymous said...

This information is priceless. Where can I find out more?
Feel free to surf my weblog aaliyah aaliyah