07 March 2011

Wrought Iron Balcony


Charleston, S.C.

In the Charleston vs Savannah discussions it is often mentioned that Savannah has more wrought iron work than Charleston but you have to admit that we do have some of the most magnificent examples. I found this discussion where someone stirred up a hornet's nest by saying the two cities were almost identical. Commenters uploaded photos to demonstrate the similarities and differences.

Not only do we have great iron work, but we also have some Savannah style row houses.

I need about four more hours in a day, kids. Four might do it.

6 comments:

Catalyst said...

Great photos. O.K. You've got four more hours. Just sleep less!

Gunn said...

Beautiful images with great details!

Gunn / Stavanger / Norway.

brattcat said...

If you figure out how to squeeze in four more hours (catalyst must actually get the recommended eight), let the rest of us know. These are such fetching shots.

Charlestonjoan said...

Catalyst - that is kinda what I have been doing. Going to bed later and later. Unfortunately I don't want to get up earlier.

Gunn - Thank you! Time to visit Norway now. :)

brattcatt - I want my four to be secret hours that no one else gets.

Doug Hickok said...

Just my two cents worth, but I like Charleston's grand views and tidy edges. I've always been fascinated by the beautiful ironwork too.

Charlestonjoan said...

Doug - me too.