18 March 2011

Flowers for Friday


Window Boxes, Charleston, S.C.

I'm grouchy as a snake this evening after opening an envelope from my homeowners insurance company to discover they have increased my annual premium by another $1,000. Grrrrr. I haven't made a claim since hurricane Hugo but they can do as they like, can't they? Nationwide may be "on your side" but this evening it isn't my good side.

I am sending a shout out to my friend Tom who is resting at Roper Hospital this evening recovering from surgery. Half the city of Charleston was praying for him yesterday and I'm pleased to report he is looking good and says he is humbled by all the cards and best wishes. We are the ones who are humbled and I am full of gratitude for the kindness that is being shown to this precious man. I could kiss Dr. Lucas' talented fingertips.

My walk took me all the way down King St. to sniff the ocean this evening. What a garden we live in. The town is swarming with tourists enjoying the beautiful weather.

6 comments:

Lowandslow said...

I feel your pain. IMO insurance companies rank right alongside banks and lawyers in a race to the bottom of the cesspool. This in contrast to your doctor friends who I can't say enough good about. Glad your friend is doing better. :)

S

Charlestonjoan said...

Low - I agree. My goal is to own a small sturdy property and not pay homeowners insurance. Some day. I want out of that loop.

Leif Hagen said...

Those are fantastic flowers boxes! Maybe I'll be able to photograph some up in by mid-June? Still waiting for the snow to melt....
Regards from EAGAN daily photo

Marcheline said...

I want to bury my face in those flowers and feel their little velvety kisses!

Jack said...

Terrific flower boxes. I am going to be in Charleston for a couple of days in April and look forward to shooting sights like these.

Anonymous said...

I lived in the Holy City by the Sea 1982-1990 and consider it one of the most blessed places on earth. Your photos are marvelous and inspirational.

"Thank God for Charleston." Thank you for these pictures.

Kathryn Maher