05 December 2010

Whole Chicken Dinner 50 cents


Whole Chicken Dinner, MacDaddy Landing, S.C.

It took me a minute to get what they meant, laughed out loud and told the cashier that I had to go out and get my camera. How funny!

I've had a good weekend. I kicked off the holidays with my annual tradition of going to the Symphony Gospel Choir with friends. There is nothing like the foot stomping, hand clapping choir members belting out spirituals to put me in the holiday spirit. They were soooo wonderful. Thanks to Debby and Andre for the good company. After the concert at St. Matthews we walked up to FISH for a drink. What a perfect evening.

I am snuggled in my favorite corner of the couch waiting to watch FIG restaurant Chef Mike Lata on Iron Chef America in a few minutes. I've had some of the best food I've ever had in my life at FIG. Watch it if you can! I know he will make Charleston proud.

9 comments:

Catalyst said...

I'm about to watch it! Don't tell me how it comes out!

Charlestonjoan said...

I am about to find out! He did great regardless.

Commander Zaius said...

Are those pickled boiled eggs? I've seen them in a lot of country stores but the smell was always a turn off.

Charlestonjoan said...

Yes. Don't they look gross. I couldn't do it either.

Anonymous said...

Cute concept but hat is the red

Nathalie H.D. said...

Eggs! I really needed the comment above to get it. How weird. How come they look like tennis balls?

Charlestonjoan said...

I think the red is some kind of artificial coloring. Yikes! Real appetizing, eh?

They are eggs. The bottle might distort them to look rounder than they are.

Commander Zaius said...

How weird. How come they look like tennis balls?


If I remember correctly the egg shells have already been removed leaving just the boiled white and yoke.

Anonymous said...

I make pickled eggs throughout the year and the hot and spicey ones are the BEST! Maybe I should take my big jar down to the mini-mart where people buy up stuff like this at the counter.