02 December 2010

Backroads, S.C.


Kingstree, S.C.

I love this little scene. I took the picture on a drive through Kingstree, S.C. a few years ago. I made my patient driver circle the block so I could get the shot and behind the business we spotted the little cottage below that looked like the owner's home. Look at all the flowers!

The last time I passed that way it was hardly recognizable, dull and drab and not worth taking a picture. The person who had imprinted the property with their colorful personality and was clearly no longer in residence.

7 comments:

Randy said...

I love the little cottage! So cute.

Anonymous said...

A buried cottage - gorgeous...now I must ask - do you get orb spiders there?? With all that greenery I can image the webs, built to catch you at face height of a morning.

Lowell said...

It is great fun to find places like this, that have some color and character. Sad that is no longer the case.

Lovely photograph and I can see why it would be one of your favorites!

Anonymous said...

So glad you and your trusty camera are in residence!!!!!!!!!! Connie

Laura said...

Wow! Beautiful flowers!
(you know what our flowers are like up here in Canada right now.. eh?) ;p

Love that cottage! It's too cute!

((Hugs))
Laura

Charlestonjoan said...

I'd like someone to paint the scene but it would have to be from the photo since it has changed. I am glad y'all like it too!

sunshine - I know! Snow for you!

Commander Zaius said...

Showing my age but I remember when that was a working gas station.