22 November 2010

San Francisco - Day Two


San Francisco, CA

Day two in California. We have walked and walked up and down hills! This is clearly not the lowcountry. We bought a bus pass but it still seems tomakes sense to walk most places. Coit Tower, Telegraph Hill, Chinatown, Lombard St., City Lights Book Store, City Hall. The amazing sculpture above was a happy surprise! With the time difference I'd be ready to pack it in for the evening but my daughter has discovered a Burmese Restaurant for dinner.

I bought new shoes so wacky I won't have anything to wear with them and will need a whole new wardrobe, haircut and perhaps a new house to go with them.

Y'all behave while I am away.




12 comments:

Chattahoochee Valley Daily said...

Great series of shots of SF. Have a good time.

Charlestonjoan said...

I am!

Anonymous said...

Ah I love the concept of remaking a whole life around a spectacular pair of shoes

Anonymous said...

Do we get to see pictures of the shoes ? Sally

Pamela said...

Joan - the photos are gorgeous! I can't wait to visit SF even more now! One day soon, I hope! (sigh!) Also can't wait to see those shoes! Can you imagine what people must think when they come to Charleston to vacation from San Francisco? "Gee, this place is REALLY flat!!" LOL!

Charlestonjoan said...

Y'all are great! Yes, will try to get a picture of my shoes today. It may make more sense to get a display case for them than to actually wear them. Ha!

JanetLee said...

I can't even begin to describe how envious I am. I so want to go back and spend more time there. The two days I had were not enough to see every thing I wanted to see!

Anonymous said...

I just want my hydrangeas to look as good as the ones in that last picture...

Jack said...

Joan, you have a great attitude. I think you might really change your life around because of these shoes.

Marcheline said...

Okay, wait. You tell us about wacky shoes and then DON'T POST ANY PICTURES OF THE SHOES?????

Are you crazy? You'll have a riot on your hands!

Marcheline said...

By the way, the top photo of the statue reminds me of the big temple scene in the first Tomb Raider movie, where a statue much like that one tries to kill Angelina Jolie. Bad, bad statue!

Anonymous said...

One of the most beautiful cities, in my opinion.