05 October 2010

Tuesday Hodge Podge


King St., Charleston, S.C.

Not just bad but Super Bad! Always a good King St. photo op.

I am eating grape tomatoes like candy. Yum.

Oh. We are definitely going to need some of these: Ice Screaming Ice Cube Trays.

I've always believed that laziness was the mother of invention.

Mental Meatloaf wrote me up. Thanks Marcheline! Spread the word.

All I bought in St. Louis, besides books after book to read in airports, were two miniature sock monkey Christmas decorations.

When I sit for hours in meetings people think I am taking serious notes but I am really calculating how many years it will take to pay off my mortgage using different scenarios. What if I pay this much extra a month, or this much.....what if I got a big tax refund every year or stopped eating?

It's been hot for so long I forgot about dressing for weather. I know I have socks somewhere.

My TiVo broke. My hard drive crashed. It's been one of those stretches. I've had to watch regular tv. Cringe. I've lost photoshop. Sob.

I don't know why I did this to my photo but the Presurfer told me to:

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my! Sorry you've had one of those times a friend used to call "being a s**t magnet." I'm not so sure about the revised photo either.

Virginia Wise said...

Have you tried GIMP? It's an open-source (free) alternative to Photoshop.

Sorry you've had crummy luck.

I really enjoy your blog, by the way.

Charlestonjoan said...

Virginia - that is probably what I will do. After all if I had a proper version I'd have the CD to reinstall it, right? ;)

Thanks Anon.

Marcheline said...

Egads- screaming ice cubes - MUST. HAVE.

Of course, I just spent another half an hour looking at the other crazy stuff on that site... I'm a sucker for "five and ten" stuff. Since we don't have any real 5&10 cent stores any more, I guess this is a close second. Still, I miss the wood floors and the crazy funhouse mirrors.