15 October 2010

Tie up your horse and come on in.......


Charleston, S.C.

A cowboy rode into town and stopped at the saloon for a drink. The locals had a habit of picking on newcomers and by the time he finished, he discovered his horse had been stolen.

He came back into the bar, flipped his gun into the air, caught it above his head without even looking and fired a shot into the ceiling. "Who stole my horse?" he yelled.

No one answered.

"I'm gonna have another beer and if my horse ain't back outside by the time I'm finished, I'm gonna do what I dun back in Texas and I don't want to have to do what I dun back in Texas!"

Some of the locals shifted restlessly.

He had another beer, walked outside, and his horse was back! He saddled up and started to ride out of town.

The bartender wandered out of the bar and asked, "Say partner, what happened in Texas?"

The cowboy turned back and said, "I had to walk home!"

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh I liked this one. :)

BeachGypsy said...

love that photo!

Commander Zaius said...

Great joke!

Marcheline said...

Of all the things I miss about my childhood, horseback riding is way at the top of the list.

Charlestonjoan said...

Thanks kids! I always thought I wanted to ride but never got much of a chance. Now I'm not so sure.