13 July 2010

The Legend of Healing Oak


Charleston, S.C.

Hit by a bolt of lightning years ago, the ancient oak split down the middle and continued to grow in two separate directions. The legend passed down for generations is that the tree absorbed the energy from the lightning and became a healing force often bringing about miracle cures.

Or………the other story is, I was walking to my car yesterday and noticed the crutches laying under the tree. I told myself that if they were still there in the morning I'd carry them into the hospital. I got my camera to take a picture and coming from my cool office to the humid heat the lens clouded up and gave the photo a decidedly spooky look. Boo!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's myfavorite tree on the campus. The only other tree that holds me as enchanted is Angel Oak. Thanks for taking the pic. Do you have a good pic of this one without the cruches? I'd love to have one for my office. ~Trish Jarrell

Charlestonjoan said...

I do have a picture of it. I will order one next time I order prints. What size do you want?