04 May 2010

If I had a hammer....


Rutledge Ave., Charleston, S.C.

This is Woman Build week at Habitat for Humanity and I am signed up to build/repair a house tomorrow morning. I thought I'd take along picture of this house that I like on Rutledge Ave. as a guide. I don't have a flag so it might not look exactly like this when I am finished.

If I take my camera do you think they might let me take pictures instead of actually getting on a roof and hammering? How do I get into these things? Wish me luck.

4 comments:

Suzie said...

You are brave! I decided not to join in and to let the young people do it. I would fall off the roof, hammer my hand and saw my leg!

Catalyst said...

I think you're a ground-level person, Joan.

Charlestonjoan said...

Just back. They immediately marched us all up the ladder to the roof. Yikes! And we all did it. I need a shower very badly. :)

Anonymous said...

Good for you!!! What an accomplishment. I'm not too keen about being on the roof, but you look like a pro. Awesome.