28 April 2010

Respect the Ratio


Folly Beach, S.C.

My nephew Jesse is visiting for the week and we've been trying to make the most of his time in the lowcountry. He has just finished his first year in the Nursing program at McMaster University in Hamilton, Ontario.

The day he arrived we walked on Folly Beach and I had him pose showing off his shirt. The shirt says "Men in Nursing" on the back and the front says, "Respect the Ratio: 10 to 1". Heheh. I guess men are still the minority in nursing school. He wasn't complaining.

Beach, egret rookery, observing in surgery, she crab soup, soft shell crab, Thai food, wandering downtown Charleston......what else does he need to squeeze in? I am dropping him off at Shem Creek to go fishing in the morning but let me know. It's been awhile since I was twenty.