04 January 2010

Hope & Coffee


199 St. Philip St., Charleston, S.C.

Hope & Union
is the stylish new coffee shop on St. Philip St. I mentioned in an earlier post that I had a picture taken of the gate to the property long before it was renovated. I found a little frame for the print and yesterday I stopped by and gave it to them. They were pretty tickled. I expect you will find it tucked away somewhere when you stop by for a cuppa coffee. Just say, "Where is Joan's picture of your old gate?"

In other news, it's too darn cold to go for a walk and someone has to eat this leftover whiskey cake. I reckon that would be me.

4 comments:

Pixel Peeper said...

Leftover whiskey cake???

I'll be right up! I'll go fast - it'll be only 10 hours or so...DON'T EAT IT ALL!

Charlestonjoan said...

I gotcha covered! I even have real whipped cream to dollop on it. There is enough whiskey in it to get us a bit tipsy.

Reagan Bowman said...

Oh that's a fabulous little gift! I'll have to check out that coffee shop next time I am in town. Thanks for sharing.

Namrata said...

This blog headline "Hope & Coffee" made me recall that last month, I noticed in a crockery shop two mugs with the words "Hope is a Waking Dream" and another with the words "Freshly Roasted Coffee smells like Heaven in the Morning".What a coincidence!I agree with the words too,but I prefer tea.As for coffee,I sip it only if it's not mixed with chicory.In South India it's known as "pure" coffee.