09 December 2009

Wednesday Funny


Charleston, S.C.

Grandma's Gift
One Christmas, a parent decreed that she was no longer going to remind her children of their thank-you note duties. As a result their grandmother never received acknowledgments of the generous checks she had given.

The next year things were different, however.

"The children came over in person to thank me," the grandparent told a friend triumphantly.

"How wonderful!" the friend exclaimed. "What do you think caused the change in behavior?"

"Oh, that's easy," the grandmother replied. "This year I didn't sign the checks."
____________________________

I made a completely ginger dinner. Blenheim spicy Ginger ale, chicken mushroom ginger soup and ginger ice cream. How many miles am I going to have to march in the rain to walk that off?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Or you could take up dancing like Ginger (Rogers). Walk on!! Connie

Lowell said...

I'm thinking whoever owns that place needs a few more wreaths.

Regarding your ginger problem, would you like to buy a treadmill?

The joke hits home. I think we should just stop sending checks...but Lois Anne doesn't agree with me.

Frank said...

Until reading your post it had been many decades since I had thought of the mandatory writing of thank you's to aunt, uncles and grandparents. It was proper, expected and a task completed grudgingly. BUT, we loved the checks and gifts. I wonder if kids today send emails, IMs or Facebook messages in lieu of the small note cards we were made to use.