05 December 2009

Signed, sealed, rented!


Charleston, S.C.

I rented my downstairs apartment after writing an entry this week about being a landlady - to a reader who learned it was vacant from the blog. How very, very cool is that?

I have a handyman busy this weekend (thank you Charlie!) painting and cleaning to get it ready for her. The previous tenant was so cluttered and messy I almost forgot it was a cute little apartment. I need to hunt down a good deal on a new frig this weekend.

Warning: Wide angle lens makes things look bigger than they appear!

8 comments:

Frank said...

Even if it is smaller than it appears, it still looks very comfy and cool. The neatest thing is your tenant knows you through the blog; that is great.

Is it getting cold up there? Lighting a fireplace yet?

Waldo Lydecker's Journal said...

Aw, snap! I was ready to rent a U-Haul and get started.

Charlestonjoan said...

Frank - It is small but kinda cute. I haven't had to use much heat yet, but have been enjoying my gas log fireplace. I love that thing.

Waldo - Gotta move faster than that!

Waldo Lydecker's Journal said...

Alls I gotta do now is find a job there and then stalk the new tenant till he flees, and it's ALL MINE, Bwahahahaha!

Dorrie said...

I wish I could have moved in, too... it looks so comfy!

Sunny said...

Yes, that was very very cool !!

I wanna live there tooo. Looks so cozy and inviting and oh how I'd love to do holiday decor around in there. Truly a home :)

Nice that your new tenant found this through your blog!!!! Woweee. :)

Becca said...

Yay Joan! I've been too busy moving into my awesome apartment to see that my blog-reading/apartment renting was noted! It just goes to show that close-reading of Charleston Daily Photo pays off! :)

Charlestonjoan said...

Becca :)) Hope you are snug and warm.