02 November 2009

This House


Hwy 176, S.C.

This House

This old house has seen the sunshine
of many different years.
This old house has seen some happiness
This old house has seen some tears.
This old house now seems so empty
Since you left with last goodbyes.
The smiles and talk, the happy laughs
Echo above the lonely sighs
Whether leaves are green in springtime
snow leaves lightly on the ground
This old house will hold the memories
Of all the old families sounds.

Edna Howard White


From my "South Carolina back roads" album. I don't believe I even got out of the car to grab the shot. I check for changes if I am traveling that way and the house has been worked on lately.

It does seem dark and late doesn't it? Thank you for all your kind comments and emails. They make my day.

6 comments:

Revival said...

i love that house! looks like it has good bones.

Judy said...

It's a great old house. The poem is so sweet. Thanks for sharing it.

Pixel Peeper said...

I love pictures of old houses like this! It's one of those that would prompt a friend and me to say, "We could buy this with our grocery money!"

Agree with you on the dark and late - it's tough working until it's pitch black outside.

Daisy Deadhead said...

I love the house!

Sunny said...

This old house has so much character. :) I love the poem too. Thanks for presenting us with excellant "treasures." :)

Charlestonjoan said...

It is a grand house isn't it? It sits kinda by it's self at an intersection.

Revival - Thanks for the link. I'll explore your blog!