01 November 2009

Theme Day - Doors


Doors, Society St., Charleston, S.C.

The first day of the month is "theme" day in the City Daily Photo blog community and today's theme is "doors". Click the link to see other pictures on this theme submitted from around the world.

Click here to view thumbnails for all participants

I love these doors. Luckily they are on my route back from the grocery store since it is hard to catch them without a car parked in front of them. I can never decide if a car adds to or detracts from the shot.

Here are a few of my other door shots - not all from Charleston.

7 comments:

Halcyon said...

Nice choice for the theme day!!

Lowell said...

Fascinating...it doesn't look like these doors will be around too long, though. What do they lead to?

Clueless in Boston said...

Very interesting doors. They look like they belong in a sleepy little Mexican village.

Charlestonjoan said...

Halcyon - Thank you. I've missed the last few.

Jacob - Actually I don't. I've never seen them open.

Clueless - They do, don't they!

Frank said...

I guess it would depend on the car. The doors alone are unbelievable and maybe only in Charleston would they still be hanging like that. I'd park a 1950s era Bentley or Rolls in front for sharp contrast - or a 19th century horse-drawn funeral carriage. (Very Halloweenish!)

Judy said...

I agree, these doors are beautiful. The crumbling brick adds to the drama.

Charlestonjoan said...

Jarart - I agree. Glad it isn't mine so I don't just see a repair job. I can enjoy their decay.

Frank - I am always torn. When I look at old pictures the cars help date the shot even though they weren't special at the time. I try to make myself take a few with cars and tourists in them.