11 October 2009

Wildlife on Broad


People's Building, Broad St., Charleston, S.C.

This fella and his twin guard the People's Building on Broad St. which is on my regular walking route so it only seems polite to say hello when I go by. He doesn't look like much of a threat up close, does he?

The eight story high rise was the highest building on the Charleston peninsula when it was built in 1911. It's all condos now. Googling around I found this article with pictures of the top floor. Wow. 72 windows. Quite incredible.

Good weekend I hope. I worked too hard today catching up with chores and yard work. Blah.

5 comments:

Catalyst said...

I could move right in to that home in the sky.

joan said...

I know! Isn't it gorgeous?

Stanley said...

Hi,

The statue posted in blog post is really nice.

People look for different things in a vacation.Whether your vacation is not complete without some adventure or your vacation id defined by how many historical landmarks you could visit, one thing that makes all vacations perfect is the accommodation. Accommodations in Charleston WV are guaranteed to keep you well rested after all the exciting things you did and to relax you throughout your stay.

Julia said...

My father used to have his office up in the People's Building, and I loved the harbor view when we were kids! I remember watching a house get barged across the harbor to James Island - you can still see the house today just as you cross Wapoo Cut and drive onto the Island!

Charlestonjoan said...

Julia - What a sight that must have been! The article on the pent house suite makes it look amazing.