07 October 2009

Storks don't bring babies. Eagles do!



Everyone knows storks don't bring babies. Eagles do!

I am pretty sure I took this around Harleyville, SC, but please do correct me if I am off. I'm not very good at jotting down all the locations.

I may remember it as Harleyville, because Harleyville is the home of the giant wood carved bear in a hollow tree with an eagle on top. Clearly there is someone handy with a chain saw living in the area.

Every time I go through I look for the tree trunk and say "Hahah, the bear's still there!" and I am content that everything is as it should be in rural South Carolina.

7 comments:

Unseen Rajasthan said...

Beautiful and lovely post !! Nice shot !! Thanks for sharing..Unseen Rajasthan

Anonymous said...

I've been so deceived!

Charlestonjoan said...

Rajasthan - Thanks!

wildstorm - Heheh :)

Sunny said...

I love the rural lands! And who but you? could find such an awesome "where did you find THAT" subject and post it for us to enjoy!! :)

Fiona said...

Love it! I think there's more random wackiness/creativity in the country than we realise.

Doug said...

Your eagle eyes have brought more treats to bear on your blog.

Hi, Joan! :-)

Susan Moorhead said...

Love that bear in the tree!